Monday 8 April 2013

Profile: Ruth Gordon

5345_10152735267085121_1967954146_n.jpg
Ruth Gordon in Cakes and Ale

Lives in: Easton, Bristol 

Create:  I write songs and poetry and also play in a band, called Cakes and Ale. I like to play around with automatic writing and cut-up poetry. Most of my songs have got stories in them, I find I tend to use animal imagery a lot too. At the moment I have one about being swallowed up by a whale and another about an abandoned wolf.Somehow I find that writing about animals is a good way for me to express emotions. The one about the whale was written whilst I was living in a community which I had gone to as a retreat- I felt like I wanted it to swallow me up and keep me safe. Now the whale has spat me out into Bristol and I am in the process of drying off and exploring the new land. I'm up for new projects so get in touch if you'd like to play!


Other creative stuffcollages, keffir-making, gardening, would like to start children's music and gardening workshops

ruth poetry pulpit.jpg
Ruth at Poetry Pulpit, Leftbank, Bristol

One thing I love about Feminism is..I like the chance to think about the ways people limit themselves through gender stereotyping and the ways we can blast through those perceptions!

www.soundcloud.com/ruthgordon

www.soundcloud.com/cakes-and-ale

www.cakesandale.bandcamp.com



Contactruthfrancesgordon@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment