Monday 22 April 2013

Profile: Steph Pike

  Lives in: Manchester, UK

Create: I am a performance poet and a lot of my work centres on Feminist issues, sexuality and left-wing politics. I have performed across the UK and been published in numerous anthologies. My first collection of poetry Full of the Deep Bits is published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press. I run a spoken word night in Manchester called Word Up, which supports and promotes the work of women artists. I am part of Women in the Spotlight, which is a network of women artists and performers. I am interested in the transformational power of poetry, both personal and political, and I believe that poetry is political activism.

Other creative stuff: I am an activist and have been involved in lots of creative actions, including peaceful direct action and civil disobedience. I write blogs and draw a bit.



Feminism: We dream of a world based on justice and equality, and I love working with other passionate, creative women to work towards making that dream a reality; toward liberation. It is empowering and beautiful.



http://stephpikepoet.wordpress.com

http://youtu.be/Sk3jZDygQ94





No comments:

Post a Comment