Tuesday 1 October 2013

Profile: Charlotte Chorley



Lives in: Cambridge, UK
Create:  I am currently working on a poetry blog (www.salompoetry.tumblr.com); at the moment it features only my work but, having a few artistic/creative female friends, I am hoping to broaden it into a collective medium where people can post their narratives and art work. My poetry is inspired by classical mythology, my travels around the world and by contemporary political issues.

Other creative stuff: I am the Women’s Officer at Pembroke College, where I get to engage with the higher level of university women’s politics and am surrounded by a fun, active network of women who always keep me aware of what’s going on in the world.
What I love most about feminists... is the inclusiveness. ‘Feminism’ does not marginalize or exclude; the group of women I get to mingle with in Cambridge’s Women’s Forum are so welcoming, so positive and so inspiring. They bring out a political fervour I never knew I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment