Monday 5 August 2013

Profile: Eesie Lee


Lives: North London.

Create: The difficult with being a trained director is that you can't - on waking up at 4am with a brilliant idea - go downstairs and direct a play.  So I simply have to sing, to write, to draw, so I can flow (or occasionally vomit) out whatever is making me wriggle, whenever I please.   I'm irritated by the quantity and quality of female characters in the fantasy/sci-fi genres, and am currently working on a collection of five-chapter novels which I hope will challenge that.  Think feminism meets time-travelling zombie dragons, etc.  I'm also partial to penning a poem or two, I sing/songwrite in collaboration with my other half and I really REALLY want to illustrate my own graphic novel.


Tell us any other creative things you do:
Pianist, Cellist, Director, Actress, Painter.


One thing you love about feminism or feminists.. I love feminist for how diverse a group we are!  With every conversation there is something new to learn, a new perspective to consider.

Contact: eesielee@gmail.com


'Zombie Love' 


No comments:

Post a Comment