Thursday 16 May 2013

Profile: Dave Miles


Lives in: Montpelier, Bristol.
Email: davemiles@rediffmail.com


Create: My project is a music broadcast on local radio. The show is A cup of tea and a piece of cake and has been running(on & off) for four years on Bcfm(Bristol Community fm Radio). The main theme of the broadcast is to showcase local(or nearby) talent; be it Musicians, bands, poets or storytellers. They perform live on the show and we chat about stuff. To date there have been 142 Broadcasts and i've interviewed over 150 acts of various description. There's so much talent around!

Other creative stuff: Occasionally perform at Bristol open mic nights (mainly Presence & Arts House)
Toil very hard on my allotment.
Play cricket in summer for a friendly team of oldens called Bristol Venturers.


Why I love Feminism?
Because we're all equal, but blokes like to think they run the show. I like to think feminism at least keeps that in check.




I have an archive website for the music performed on my radio broadcast
http://acupofteaandapieceofcake.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment